[ceph-users] Can CephFS Kernel Client Not Read & Write at the Same Time?

Ketil Froyn ketil at froyn.name
Thu Mar 7 22:36:47 PST 2019

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019, 01:15 Gregory Farnum <gfarnum at redhat.com> wrote:

> In general, no, this is not an expected behavior.

For clarification:

I assume you are responding to Andrew's last question "Is this expected
behavior...?" (quoted below).

When I first read through, it looked like your mail was a response to the
question in the subject "Can CephFS Kernel Client Not Read & Write at the
Same Time?", and that was concerning.

>> Is this expected behavior for the CephFS kernel drivers? Can a CephFS
>> kernel client really not read and write to the file system simultaneously?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Richards
>> Senior Systems Engineer
>> Keeper Technology, LLC