[sepia] teuthology on ovh

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Mon Sep 28 07:36:53 PDT 2015

Hi Sage,

On 28/09/2015 16:09, Sage Weil wrote:
> Hey Loic-
>
> I think we need to set up a teuthology instance that runs on the ovh
> cattle pool.  Do you mind setting it up?  We should get it working and
> usable sooner rather than later so that we will be ready when it comes
> time to shut down everything in Irvine...

The OpenStack backend should be fully functional now (including the on demand building of the packages so it does not need to wait on gitbuilder). Modulo the problems what will show up when it is used more intensively.

The blockers to use it as a drop-in replacement of sepia are:

* some jobs need more resources than the default 8GB, 40GB disk, 2CPUs (that's tedious but easy to fix since there is a way to set the instance size on a per-job basis)
* some jobs fail because they are either sepia bound or OpenStack sensitive (for instance the rgw DNSServer error, that can be tricky to figure out)
* some tasks rely on baremetal and need to be adapted to OpenStack (the powercycle is a good example: ipmi can be replaced by and OpenStack call)

That should not be too much work overall because the majority of jobs pass with no modification[1].

Cheers

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/12386 and http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/12471